Saturday 21 May 2011

Not that I'm one to get distracted or anything, but ...

... The lovely Burda 107 is a little bit on the back burner (and yes, I have mostly back burners and very few front ones) while I attend the Fashion Antidote's Pattern Alteration class this afternoon.

I have SO many books about doing pattern adjustments, and have read SO many blogs on the subject ... but I clearly just perform better when I'm working in the right atmosphere/environment/whatever. As the sewing room progresses from 'mess' to 'usable', this will hopefully shift the balance of burners from back to front! :)

Anyhoo. Himself & I are attending a wedding in late July and I am determined to bloody well make my dress myself. The bride & groom have gone to great lengths to make their wedding different -- and, while this is pretty regular feature in most wedding planning mindsets, I think they're doing a damned fine job. The wedding has a festival theme, and will be a 3-day camping trip on an organic farm in Dorset (I think??). So, not exactly a 'kitten heels & fascinator' kinda day!!

During Karen's recent Fabulous Fabric Fandango (AKA Goldhawk Road shopping trip), I found the PERFECT fabric ... and then immediately settled on one of the 6 potential patterns I'd taken along for inspiration with some great moral support from fellow shoppers/sewists/bloggers! So, it's V2961 in Skull & Roses cotton print (£4/meter), with black cotton for the contrast halter (£1.25/meter).


YAYYYYY! Now. Need to go tidy up the leftover buttons lying on my sewing room floor so that at least one of the button tins is organised (more on button tins & other miscellaneous sewing inheritances in a later post, promise!) and I can actually get to the stuff needed for this afternoon's class!

Yes. It's been mostly like this since we moved in over a month ago. Three guesses as to how much sewing has been done??? Argh. 


PS. Oh, my giddy aunt!! Karen linked to my blog in her post about the Fabric Fandango above. Goodness. My first blog mention ... *whispers* I think I might faint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment